Indian Tomato Chicken
– 2 lb chicken cut into pieces
– 5 onions sliced finely
– 2-3 tbsp curd (unflavored yogurt)
– 1 1/2 tsp red-chili powder
– 2-3 tsp coriander powder
– 1 tsp cumin powder
– 2 tbsp coconut
– 3 tomatoes, pureed
– 2-3 cloves
– 1” cinnamon
– 2-3 cardamoms
– 2 tbsp cashew nuts, ground with a little water to a paste
– A bunch of Cilantro (Coriander leaves), chopped
– Cooking oil
1. Deep fry the sliced onions in oil till they are properly browned.
2. Drain them, add the curd and blend the mixture with the cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms till smooth. Set aside.
3. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the above masala till the oil begins to separate.
4. Now add the dry powders and fry for 45 secs.
5. Add the pureed tomato and the chicken pieces.
6 Add some water and simmer till the chicken is cooked.
7. Add the cashew nut paste and bring to a boil.
8. Garnish with the chopped Cilantro. Eat when hot with rice or roti.